Each item has a short description, but for photos and more information about a specific tree click the name of that tree, and it will take you to a more detailed PDF about it. You can call 515-991-6617 or 515-554-5292 to check on the availability of individual trees.
- Allegheny Serviceberry (multi-trunk) (Amelanchier laevis) - The multi-stem form lends a naturalized feeling. In early spring it produces white flowers that look and smell great, and in the summer they have small berries that resemble blueberries in taste, color, and size. The Allegheny Serviceberry also has beautiful reddish orange color in the fall.
- Allegheny Serviceberry (single-stem) (Amelanchier laevis) - The single-stem Allegheny Serviceberry has many attractive features. In early spring it produces white flowers that look and smell great, and in the summer they have small berries that resemble blueberries in taste, color, and size. The Allegheny Serviceberry also has beautiful reddish orange color in the fall.
- Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry (Amelanchier x grandiflora) - The Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry is a hybrid between the Allegheny Serviceberry and the Downy Serviceberry. The Allegheny Serviceberry produces white flowers in the early spring, and small edible berries in the summer. The foliage turns brilliant orange and red in the fall.
- Crimson Pointe Plum (Prunus cerasifera ‘Cipriozam’) - The Crimson Pointe Plum offers many features that are unique to this tree. First off, they get less than 10 feet wide, which allows them to be placed close to other items or buildings. Secondly, they bloom a beautiful pinkish white flower in early spring. Third, they are a purplish red color throughout the growing season, until they turn a nice burgundy color and drop their leaves in the fall.
- Newport Purple Leaf Plum (Prunus cerasifera ‘Newport’) - The Newport Purple Leaf Plum is a beautiful ornamental tree that offers reddish purple color year round. It also has small pink and white flowers that bloom in early spring. The leaves turn a burgundy color before they drop in the fall.
- Harvest Gold Crabapple (Malus 'Hargozam') - The Harvest Gold Crabapple offers stunning white flowers in early spring. The flowers are followed by crisp dark green leaves and small yellow crabapples. The leaves of this beauty turn yellow in the fall, which compliment their yellow crabapples nicely.
- Japanese Flowering Crabapple (Malus floribunda) This spreading, small tree blooms in abundance in spring. Flower buds are dark pink, but bloom turn to pure white by the time they are fully open, giving the tree a two-toned effect in spring. Fruits are bright red.
- Selkirk Flowering Crabapple (Malus ‘Selkirk’) - The Selkirk Crabapple is a very hardy variety. With beautiful glossy green leaves and red fruit this tree can add an accent to any landscape. The Selkirk Crabapple also has nice pink flowers that it produces in the early spring.
- Flame Amur Maple (Acer ginnala ‘Flame’) - The Flame Amur Maple is unlike a lot of other Maple varieties. Only growing to 20 feet tall, it can be placed in small areas with limited space. The Flame Amur Maple may be a smaller variety of maple, but its amazing red fall color competes with the best of them,
- Canada Red Chokecherry (Prunus virginiana 'Schubert') - The Canadian Red Chokecherry's leaves emerge bright green in the spring, and throughout the early months of summer they transition into a deep purple color. They also produce berries that are edible and can be used in jams or wine-making.
- Pagoda Dogwood (Cornus alternifolia) - The Pagoda Dogwood is a well structured ornamental shrub that contains a tier like branch structure. It has nice white small flowers that appear in the late spring. The Pagoda Dogwood also has a red and yellow fall color that adds to the beauty of this small, ornamental tree.
- Sweetbay Magnolia (Magnolia virginiana) - The Sweetbay Magnolia is a very unique small ornamental tree that has beautiful white flowers which give off a phenomenal scent in the late spring to early summer. The oblong leaves and random branch structure also add a nice touch that is uncommon to this area.